Last Updated: Jan 24, 2018
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information. By visiting or using our Sites, we may collect the following categories of personal information (” personal information “) you provide to us: name; email address; postal address; phone number (including your mobile phone number); billing information; survey responses; demographics; primary dining city; sites or restaurant pages visited; account settings; passwords; contact information of people you add; names and email addresses of recipients; customer support and other requests you make through our Sites and through restaurants ; restaurant reviews and other information you provide on our Sites; and other information you may provide about yourself or others to our Sites or to which you provide us with access via third-party platforms.
In addition, we may receive certain categories of personal information listed above and some device information listed below (such as your name, email, browsing history on our sites and other details) from sources other than you, such as from third-party websites, applications, and services (each, a ” third-party platform“), restaurants, and other third parties, including individuals who have added you as a guest to their reservation. If you are an existing Restaurant eGift Card customer, we will combine this information with information we collect on our Sites and use it for the purposes described below.
Device Information. When you visit our Sites or open communications (such as emails), some information is automatically collected from devices (e.g., mobile, computer, laptop, tablet) used to visit or use our Sites including, but not limited to, operating system, access times, browser information (e.g., type, language, and history), settings, and other data about your device that we use to provide the services or as otherwise described in this Policy (” device information“). We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites using certain technologies, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies (see our Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising Policy for more details).
Personal information, device information, and location information are collectively referred to as ” your information.”
Our Sites are for persons 16 or older. As such, Restaurant eGift Card does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you learn that your child has provided us with their information without your consent and he or she is under the age of 16, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information for the following purposes (” Purposes“), to provide you with the services, products, and functionality offered on our Sites and fulfill your requests, including, but not limited to sending Electronic Gift Cards to recipients that you designate; communicate with you about your account or use of our Sites, services, products and/or functionality; respond to, or follow up on, your comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer service; communicate with you about special offers and other marketing communications; operate and improve our Sites, products, services, and functionality; process and deliver contest entries and rewards; authenticate your credit or debit card account information, if applicable; tailor your experience on our Sites, including search results and displaying relevant advertising; provide information, services and products to our customers, including restaurants; link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; perform statistical analysis; protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; comply with our policies, procedures and legal obligations; and as otherwise consented to by you and as required or permitted by applicable law.
If you do not provide us with certain of your information, we may not be able to fulfill the requested Purpose of collection, such as to respond to your queries or provide our Sites to you.
Combined Information. We may combine your personal information with device information and location information (with your consent, where required) to serve you specifically, such as to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions, or for advertising or advertising targeting purposes. When we combine personal information, device information and location information in this way, we treat it as and apply all of the safeguards in this Policy applicable to, your information.
Electronic Communications. Consistent with the above Purposes, we may communicate with you via electronic messages, including email, text message, or mobile push notification to, for example: send you information relating to our products and services, updates, receipts, technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; communicate with you about contests, offers, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Restaurant eGift Card, our parent companies, our subsidiaries, our affiliates, restaurants, and other business partners. With your consent, where required, we may contact you at the mobile phone number that you provide to us by way of direct dial calls, autodialed and prerecorded message calls, and text messages in connection with the above Purposes.
Our Role as Data Controller and Data Processor. We generally act as the data controller of your information; however, under certain Restaurant eGift Card programs, restaurants may engage us to provide them with certain processing services related to information owned or controlled by the restaurant. We are not responsible for any restaurant’s use of information for which it is an owner or controller. To learn more about how a restaurant may use such information, you should review its privacy notice.
Aggregated Information. We may aggregate personal information collected from you and other users as well as device information and location information (with your consent, where required) to produce general statistics that cannot be linked to you or any other specific user and with which we attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve our services, and to analyze and understand how our Sites and products are used.
Retention. We will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfill the Purposes outlined in this Policy and as otherwise needed to comply with applicable law and internal company policies.
III. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Information Shared With Restaurants and Their Affiliates. When you make a request through our Sites or the restaurant or making a payment to a restaurant through our Sites, we automatically provide certain categories of your information to the restaurant to facilitate such a request. This information may include your name, profile, your phone number, recipient information, any special requests, information or comments that you choose to submit (if any ) and your email address. Your information is provided to the restaurant, just as it would if you contacted the restaurant directly. If you provide a mobile phone number in connection with your request, restaurants may send you text messages regarding your request.
When you make a request, we may also share with the restaurant additional information about you, such as information about your history, and/or information that we collect from you and third parties. Depending on where you reside, and as permitted by applicable law, we or the restaurant may additionally share certain of your information with such restaurant’s affiliated restaurants (such as affiliated brands), restaurant group and/or restaurants with the same brand or parent-brand (collectively, such restaurant’s “ restaurant group”), or other entities associated with such restaurant (such as the parent entity of the restaurant group or affiliated hotels) and/or their service providers (collectively, the associated entities and service providers, such restaurant’s” restaurant affiliates “) under Restaurant eGift Card programs.
We may share with restaurants summary reports of feedback from diners. If you provide comments about a restaurant through our Sites, these comments may be shared with or may be accessible by that restaurant and the restaurant may respond to you. We will not tie your comments with other information that can identify you, but a restaurant may be able to tell who you are from your comments, particularly if you give your name in the comments or provide contact information, such as an email address.
- Information Shared With Gift Card Merchants. If you purchase an electronic Gift Card through our Sites, we notify the applicable issuer of the Merchant electronic Gift Card and provide the issuer with certain related information about your purchase or redemption, including your name, the gift card recipient’s name, and the amount of the Merchant electronic Gift Card.
- Payment Card Information. To use certain services on our Sites (such as to purchase electronic Gift Cards or other products or services), we may require credit or debit card account information. Restaurant eGift card does not collect any kind of credit or debit card information.
- Information You Share Socially. Our Sites may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends. Our Sites may also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use third-party platforms, including those on which Restaurant eGift Card has a presence. Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. Restaurant eGift Card also does not control the privacy practices of third-party platforms. Please contact those sites and services directly to learn about their privacy practices.
- Other Sharing. We do not share your information with third parties other than as described above and as follows:
- We may share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners in the U.S. and worldwide. By visiting or using our Sites or otherwise providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer of your information throughout the global Neo Genesis Group LLC network of entities.
- We may share information with third parties for their own marketing purposes, which are subject to the separate privacy policies of such third parties. We will do this on the basis of your consent, where required by law, and if not required by law on the basis of our legitimate interests in sharing data with our partners so that we can help you see offers and services which are most relevant to you.
- We may share information with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who perform functions on our behalf (e.g., hosting or operating our Sites, data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, site analytics, data analysis, delivering marketing messages and advertisements, processing credit card payments, and providing fraud detection services). We do not authorize these third parties to use your information for purposes other than for which it has been provided, and do not authorize these third parties to disclose that information to unauthorized parties. We require these third parties to maintain appropriate security to protect your information from unauthorized access or processing.
- We may disclose your information to regulatory authorities, courts, government agencies and other third parties where we believe that doing so would be in accordance with or permitted or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process, to defend the interests, rights, and/or property of Restaurant eGift Card or others, or to respond to emergencies.
- We may disclose or transfer your information to a third party if we sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in connection with or during the negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding.
- We may share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of services offered by our Sites. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties in our discretion.
- We may otherwise share your information as directed by you or subject to your consent.
IV. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
Restaurant eGift Card takes commercially-reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted to our Sites or through our Sites, it will be protected by cryptographic protocols. To be clear, Restaurant eGift Card does not itself store your credit or debit card account information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. We use third-party payment processors that are the controllers of your credit card information. Our contracts with third parties that receive your credit or debit card account information require them to keep it secure and confidential.
Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information or your other information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by Restaurant eGift Card or our third-party service providers. Except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded or limited due to applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your Restaurant eGift Card account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please contact us immediately as detailed in the Contact Us section, below.
V. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites using certain technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Third parties may also view, edit, or set their own cookies. We and our third-party service providers, advertisers, and/or partners may also place web beacons for such third parties. The use of these technologies by such third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy, except as required by law. See our Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising Policy for more details.
VI. YOUR CHOICES
Email. If you do not want to receive marketing and promotional emails from Restaurant eGift Card, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link in the email to unsubscribe and opt-out of marketing email communications.
Mobile Push Notifications. You can use the settings on your mobile device to enable or turn off mobile push notifications from Restaurant eGift Card.
Text Messages. If you no longer want to receive text messages from Restaurant eGift Card, reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) in the text message.
Cookie Choices. To exercise choices regarding cookies set through our website, as well as other types of online tracking and internet advertising, see our Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising Policy for more details.
VII. ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you like to update the information you have provided to us, you can contact us as detailed in the Contact Us section.
VIII. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Sites may contain links to other websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Restaurant eGift Card, including links to websites of restaurants and our advertisers, sponsors, and partners. This Policy only applies to information collected by our Sites. We have no control over these third party websites, and your use of third-party websites and features are subject to privacy policies posted on those websites. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy or business practices of any third party websites linked to our Sites. Your use of third parties’ websites linked to our Sites is at your own risk, so we encourage you to read the privacy policies of any linked third party websites when you leave one of our Sites.
IX, CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Except to the extent limited by applicable law, we reserve the right to update this Policy to reflect changes to our information practices by prominently posting notice of the update on our Sites, and as required, obtaining your consent. Any updates will become effective immediately after posting the updates to this Policy and apply to all information collected about you, or where required, upon your consent. You agree that you will review this Policy periodically. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. You are free to decide whether or not to accept a modified version of this Policy, but accepting this Policy, as modified, is required for you to continue using our Sites. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy or any modified version of this Policy, your sole recourse is to terminate your use of our Sites.
If we make any changes to this Policy that materially impacts previously collected information about you, we will obtain your prior express consent.
XII. NOTICES TO RESIDENTS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS
California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights. As described in this Policy, Restaurant eGift Card may share your personal information with third parties for such parties’ direct marketing purposes. Under California’s “ Shine the Light ” law (“Shine the Light”) , if you are a California resident who provides personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use, and except as provided below, you may request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about your information we shared, if any, with third parties for such parties’ direct marketing purposes. If applicable, this information would include the categories of your personal information and the names and addresses of those third parties with which we shared your personal information for the immediately prior calendar year. To obtain this information, please contact us as detailed in the Contact Us section, above, with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line of the email or, if sent by postal mail, in the body of your message. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the Shine the Light requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.